Marlborough School has always had a wonderful sense of community. The Marlborough Mariners group (the parents’ forum) aims to support the school and enhance the children’s experience with activities such as fundraising, providing volunteer help and generally working to deepen the connection between school and home.
Every parent is welcome: we are an open and inclusive group and you can get involved in any way and at any stage. You might be up for leading on a one-off activity, helping out regularly or simply dipping in when you are able. New ideas are always welcome; activities are shaped by parents’ time, interests and skills.
To get in touch about anything, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In summer 2018, the Mariners took on the challenge of raising £10k for the school library! Here are some of 2018-19's fundraising and other activities that took place:
- Sponsored Cycle Ride: Biking for Books! Sun 30th Sep 2018 – RAISED OVER £6700!
- Apple Day, Fri 5th Oct 2018 – annual harvest festival, Marlborough-style
- Allotment and outdoor space – regular gardening group
- Children’s portrait tea towels, ready for Christmas – RAISED OVER £1400!
- Mariners Quiz Night, Fri 30th Nov 2018 evening, school hall – RAISED OVER £1000!
- Christmas performances – helping with costumes and scenery
- Painting Party! Sat 16th Feb 2019 – refreshing the school hall and corridors
- Return of the Big Dig – Thu 7th Mar 2019; a day when the whole school learns outside!
- Auction of Promises fundraising event, Fri 8th Mar 2019 at UpperDeck
Activity organisers always welcome support; simply email the Mariners’ address above if you’re up for getting involved. Thank you!
We aim to have activity-focused meetings at the start of each term and monthly catch-ups in between. Meetings are open to all parents, staff and governors and are advertised in the school newsletter. Any parents can also join the Mariners email list for circulation of minutes etc. – simply email us and ask to be added, including details of your child’s/children’s school year(s).
Tue 17th Sep, 8-9pm - main autumn term Mariners meeting. Falmouth Townhouse.
Fri 27th Sep, 8:30-10am - Mariners coffee morning. School hall.
Thu 7th Nov, 8-9pm – Mariners meeting including AGM. School.
Tue 19th Nov, 3:30-4:30pm – Mariners catch-up meeting. School.
- Fri 17th Jan, 9-10am – main spring term Mariners meeting. School hall.
- Thu 27th Feb, 8-9pm – Mariners catch-up meeting. Venue tbc.
- Tue 7th Mar, 3:30-4:30pm – Mariners catch-up meeting. School.
- Thu 23rd Apr, 8-9pm – main summer term Mariners meeting. Venue tbc.
- Fri 22nd May, 9-10am – Mariners catch-up meeting. School hall.
- Wed 24th Jun, 3:30-4:30pm – Mariners catch-up meeting. School.
- Fri 3rd Jul, 8:30-10am - Mariners coffee morning with new parents. School hall.