Marlborough School has always had a wonderful sense of community. The Marlborough Mariners group (the parents’ forum) aims to support the school and enhance the children’s experience with activities such as fundraising, providing volunteer help and generally working to deepen the connection between school and home.
Every parent is welcome: we are an open and inclusive group and you can get involved in any way and at any stage. You might be up for leading on a one-off activity, helping out regularly or simply dipping in when you are able. New ideas are always welcome; activities are shaped by parents’ time, interests and skills.
To get in touch about anything, email email@example.com.
In summer 2018, the Mariners took on the challenge of raising £10k for the school library! Here are some of this year’s fundraising and other activities:
- Sponsored Cycle Ride: Biking for Books! Sun 30th Sep 2018 – RAISED OVER £6700!
- Apple Day, Fri 5th Oct 2018 – annual harvest festival, Marlborough-style
- Allotment and outdoor space – regular gardening group
- Children’s portrait tea towels, ready for Christmas – RAISED OVER £1400!
- Mariners Quiz Night, Fri 30th Nov 2018 evening, school hall – RAISED OVER £1000!
- Christmas performances – helping with costumes and scenery
- Painting Party! Sat 16th Feb 2019 – refreshing the school hall and corridors
- Return of the Big Dig – Thu 7th Mar 2019; a day when the whole school learns outside!
- Auction of Promises fundraising event, Fri 8th Mar 2019 at UpperDeck
- … and more!
Activity organisers always welcome support; simply email the Mariners’ address above if you’re up for getting involved. Thank you!
We aim to have activity-focussed meetings at the start of each term and monthly catch-ups in between. Meetings are open to all parents, staff and governors and are advertised in the school newsletter. Any parents can also join the Mariners email list for circulation of minutes etc. – simply email us and ask to be added, including details of your child’s/children’s school year(s).
Autumn term 2018 meetings
- Thu 20th Sep, 8-9pm – new term Mariners meeting. Falmouth Townhouse.
- Wed 10th Oct, 8-9pm – Mariners meeting. Falmouth Townhouse.
- Thu 22nd Nov, 8-9pm – Mariners meeting. Falmouth Townhouse.
Spring term 2019 meetings
- Wed 16th Jan, 8-9pm – main spring term Mariners meeting. Falmouth Townhouse.
- Fri 18th Jan 8:30-9:30am – table in the school hall for parents to get updates.
- Tue 12th Feb, 8-9pm – Mariners catch-up meeting. Falmouth Townhouse.
- Thu 21st Mar, 8-9pm – Mariners catch-up meeting. Venue tbc.
Summer term 2019 meetings
- Tue 30th Apr, 8-9pm – main summer term Mariners meeting. Venue tbc.
- Friday in early May, 8:30-9:30am – table in the school hall for parents to get updates.
- Wed 22nd May, 8-9pm – Mariners catch-up meeting. Venue tbc.
- Thu 4th Jul, 8-9pm – planning for 2019-2020/handover etc. Venue tbc.