Using various policies as a guide; staff discussion; the 2014 Primary National Curriculum; and the embedding of White Rose principles, the purpose of Marlborough School's Calculation Policy is to encourage a consistent approach to teaching and learning throughout our school.
It is expected that teachers use their professional judgement as to when consolidation of existing skills is required and appropriate interventions are needed. The focus however, should remain on depth of understanding rather than moving up and accelerating through concepts.
All teachers have been given the resources from the White Rose Maths Hub and are encouraged to base their planning around the objectives for their particular year group. Teachers can use any teaching resource that they wish and can use their professional judgement to determine which resources meet the needs of their class.
- KS1 Multiplication and Division calculation policy
- KS1 - Addition and subtraction calculation policy
- LKS2 Addition and subtraction calculation policy
- LKS2 Multiplication and Division calculation policy
- UKS2 Addition and subtraction calculation policy
- UKS2 Multiplication and Division calculation policy